Sunday, March 27, 2011

BOATIN!!!!


In the rain, but it was so much fun!  Ran my first class 4 (/4-), combat rolled, and didn't swim once!  It was definitely the amazing adventure I needed to get me back into kayaking.

I think a lot of the credit for the amazing experience goes to the people I went with.  My old RA, Phil, was both our guide, and the crazy guy who went down all the big stuff.  My friend Kelly, who was smart about what she (and therefore I) chose to go down, smiled the whole time! (cept when she swam...)  And then there was Blake, who was crazy - but awesome!

We also had some really amazing car conversations too.  Which made it even better!

And... PICS! as always!

LET'S GO BOATIN!

Preppin the boats for the journey!

When it comes to boating, function comes before fashion

The Crew! Phil is in front, Blake is in the back, and Kelly is the girl!

Ol Faithful!

A Happy Boater!

THE BULL!!! I Was thinking of going down, but thanks to some good judgment from my buddies, we decided it wasn't a good idea... (Phil did though!)

Kelly went swimming!  And here's Phil putting in a heroic effort to get her boat back to her!

Btw, this reminds me of a quote:
"The adventure starts where the plan stops"
It's not necessarily fun when you have someone else's boat and paddle floating down towards you, and you have to find a way to get them both to shore ASAP.  BUT, at that point you are totally engaged, physically and mentally, with the challenge ahead of you.
I always like moments like that because they push me to be the best I can be.

Kelly's back!

THE 4! (/4-).  

Part 2...

The final hurtle, in sepia for the sentimental effect!

And then! We went back to my friend's place, chilled for a little while, then I finally went home and got dry! (that was the best part of the day! haha - kidding!)
-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment